We are seeing the commonly occurring error in WordPress. Today we are going to discuss how to fix “Briefly Unavailable For Scheduled Maintenance Error. Check back in a minute”.
This error commonly occurred when we tried to update the WordPress, themes, and plugins. The error occurred when you are updating the themes and plugins. While updating the themes and plugins “.maintenace” file will be created in the public_html directory. After updating the plugins and themes .maintenance file will be deleted automatically. If any error occurred while updating the themes and plugins the WordPress unable to delete the .maintenace file. So it starts to display the “Briefly Unavailable For Scheduled Maintenance Error. Check back in a minute” message continuously.
To fix this error you need to delete the .maintenance file manually. You can do it in 2 ways.
- Using FTP
- Using cPanel and File manager
- Login to Filezilla. Open the public_html directory. You will see the .maintenance file.
- Delete the .maintenance file to solve the issue.
Using cPanel and File Manager:
- Login to your cPanel account
- Open the file manager.
- After opening the file manager you will see the public_html directory.
- You will see the .maintenace file. Select the .maintenance file and delete it permanently.